Tuesday, August 24, 2010

For a successful relationship, in most cases do a man and woman have to share the same views/interests?

For example, religious or political philosophies, hobbies or professions.For a successful relationship, in most cases do a man and woman have to share the same views/interests?
No!!





People are sometimes opposite of there soul mate.For a successful relationship, in most cases do a man and woman have to share the same views/interests?
For me, I think it's VERY important to share religious views. I love my God and my Lord, so it only makes sense to stay with someone who also share the same passion. I also think it's important to share similar core values, for example on how to raise our kids and how to save/spend money and share similar views on future goals/ambitions and such as well. And yes I also think it's nice to have same political philosophies, but this doesn't matter as much ya know?





I could care less if he has different hobbies or professions, it's all about compromising and learning to accept our differences.
Not necessarily, but it can be difficult if you do not. The pros of having different hobbies and professions is that there is actually more to talk about at the end of the day.





Initially I had a hard time coming to terms with my husbands political philosophies and the fact that he was not religious, but we got over that.
Yes, definitely. A successful relationship is about a balance between doing those things you love together, and doing things with others (family, friends). But it is also very important that one or the other does not feel he/she has to be doing things with their spouse all the time.





I enjoy spending time with my husband, doing ';our'; things together, and when I think about ';what if';, meaning, what if we didn't have those common things to hold us together, I wonder what we'd be doing with each other. I truly enjoy the things we do and I love doing those things with him because we both share that same passion. The reason you are attracted to a person might be one thing, but the things that hold the relationship together involve just being a couple! And doing those shared-interest things a couple should do.





That said, it is equally important that each person does not feel suffocated or that they have to spend this day, and that time with their spouse, or at least that's the case for me. I love to be with friends and there are things we do together my spouse wouldn't even consider.





So basically, yes the need to have the same interests. Views, well that helps too.
Not really: I have diplomas from three Universities, I read at least two books a week. I read two newspapers and the 'Net, I keep up with the news.


My wife has never read a book, she only looks at a newspapers sale section. She's a high school graduate though.





She has absolutely no interest in anything outside the home. She doesn't like to cook, I do most of it. She doesn't know we just got a new dryer, I do all the wash. I share the dishes and cleaning with her. As long as A%26amp;E is on, she's quiet and, she's no longer interested in sex. By the way, we've been married for over fifty- two years.
Mine and my husband's relationship is not successful and we have none of the same views or interests. (I could never have anything in common with such a loser.)
i think its good to have SOME of the same morals, values and hobbies but everything doesnt have to be the same for the relationship to be successful...by being different you can teach eachother
In a way yes or you both have to agree to disagree on certain things. Its better for the relationship if you have the same views and interests, makes living together much easier.
Not at all, but each partner must agree to disagree respectfully.





Sharing the same views and interests, etc would be mind-bendingly boring. Intellectual stimulation is so important in any relationship.
Yes on religious/political philosophies because they indicate your stance on moral issues. Hobbies and such...not as much, but in some cases...yes.
Yes, and the woman is supposed to bend to the man's wishes as long as they aren't sinful.

No comments:

Post a Comment